My sample work is progressing though and I have completed the above sample of layering. The process is:
– iron Bondaweb to a background of calico.
– layering scraps of fabric over the Bondaweb.
– iron to fix the fabric layer to the calico background.
– apply another layer of Bondaweb over the fabric layer.
– layer sheer fabric over and iron to fix.
I then hand stitched the motifs with an assortment of hand embroidery stitches and cut away at the design to reveal some of the fabric layers underneath.