Returning to work meant having a look at my wardrobe. Trousers are still not comfortable, and one of the key skirts I have been wearing is a little – shall we say – short. As I was up for a little more gentle pottering I treated myself to a new Clothkits skirt kit. The kit I had been hankering after for a while from as long ago as last summer, but I was not considering wardrobe additions then. Luckily they were still selling the kit and at the nice price it was previously.
With my first ever skirt kit from this company I had the skirt received, cut and sewn in an evening, but this time I paused. I was not happy with the rather dull white lining they had provided. So a short trip to John Lewis’ fabric department to find an alternative cotton lawn. If had been up to it I would have launched myself up the loft ladder to look at my own fabric stash but those kind of acrobatics are currently out. I found a fairly tame pink which I thought would work well – which I show below with the cute but relevant facing.
Whilst in the fabric department I found some stretch denim and bought double the amount I ended up requiring to make a more work length appropriate denim skirt. This I designed myself by taking the previous skirt as a base and adding pockets and top-stitching whilst jettisoning the lining.