The big reveal! I was attending the wedding of 2 friends this weekend and fancied adding to my outfit in the traditional English way with a bit of head gear. I decided against the hat – my hair does not recover well from hat hair syndrome. I was considering buying one, but a combination of leaving it a little too late and a small voice in my head (G’s) saying “make one, make one). So here it is.
I am pretty pleased with the result – especially as I did not spend a lot on materials. I only splashed out on the feathers and the hair band I attached it to. The rest was all in my stash. The kanzashi flowers were made from silk scraps which I already had. (To make the Kanzashi flowers check out Diane Gilleland’s Kanzashi in Bloom: 20 Simple Fold-And-Sew Projects to Wear and Give there is also blog and flickr group of other readers Kanzashi creations). The loops were simple tubes sewn from blue silk, turned with my ever faithful rouleau loop turner and then threaded with offcuts of thin polyester boning. After a frenzy of gluing with the aid of my glue gun and other supporting fabric and bead glues – this was the finished result.